Living with art is also about the art of living! The residents of Artemisia invite you to come enjoy our island’s many cultural and recreational features. We put this stuff out there for our own amusement, but we like to share the fun. Artemisia is about living in a creative, stimulating place with beautiful things and fun things to see and to do and to share. Wouldn’t you love to live here??
Galerie de la Vie
Our main exhibition space for important changing exhibits. Apollo Reinard, curator.
Artemisia: Living with Art
Annex to the Galerie with works by current residents and past Galerie exhibitors.
RESIDENTS OF ARTEMISIA
Residents with galleries
- Liddy Babenco – RL paintings and pastels
- FreeWee Ling – SL objects (toys, jewelry, musical instruments, buildings, scripted things), digital art
- Biff Watanabe – RL Photography
- Wolk Writer – RL/SL art, especially digital art and sculpted pieces.
Other residents (creative and interesting people who don’t necessarily have visual work to display)
- Chinook Anatine
- Allister Philbin
- Anneli Ulrich
*Note: These activities are provided for your recreational pleasure. Some boats and other scripted objects require an active Artemisia group tag. All of our attractions are here for you to use free or provides you with a free copy to use and take with you. We’re in it for the FUN!
Look up! The dominant feature of the central landscape is a giant treehouse atop a high hill. This is a favorite spot for impromptu parties and other gatherings, as well as regular live music performances.
In the air:
- Hot air balloons – Exclusive Artemisia balloons for exploring the island from above.
- Hang gliders – You’ve seen them. We’ve got them.
- Skysurfers, cloud racers, bubble flyers, from the dazzling mind of our good friend Yom.
Allister has built a huge forested platform at 3900 meters. It’s a whole other world! Ride your horse, go fishing or just go for a walk in this remarkable space. There are LM givers in signs at various locations, including the Treehouse and near the Galerie.
On the water:
- Fishing – Not tournament style. REAL fishing… The kind where you don’t ever catch anything!
- Boating – Artemisia Bay and the waters that surround the island are all navigable by small craft. Several kinds of small boats are available for public use, including submarines, jetski, windsurfing, sailing, and tubing.
- Swimming – swim animations in the water allow you to swim freestyle without using attachments.
- High diving – Do a triple flip or a cannonball from 150 meters. Awesome!
Under the water:
One of the hidden treasures of Artemisia is the undersea park. All manner of flora and fauna, including kelp, coral, giant squids, octopi, manta rays, lots of fish and a couple of shipwrecks to explore.
CAUTION: The sharks are well fed and not likely to attack as long as they aren’t provoked. The squid can be overly friendly sometimes… Common sense should be used.
- Scuba – Complete free scuba outfits available. All original, available only on Artemisia.
- Diver propulsion vehicles
- Submarines – One-person attack subs and a two-person submersible explorer.
- A beach
- A (really) high diving platform at 150 meters above the bay
On the land:
- The original and exclusive FreeWay personal mobility vehicle (think Segway) available FREE only at Artemisia.
- Bicycles (free)
- Astronomical observatories
- Scenic overlooks – Lots of great photo ops.
- Scooters – They’re way too fast and nearly impossible to steer. Fun for a couple of seconds anyway!
- New things to discover all the time!